"Cruises Are Just More Fun"
by Thomas DeSimone
Cruise Industry at a Glance.
- The choice of taking a cruise vacation is the fastest growing choice of the travel industry - reaching more than 1,800% growth since 1970, when an estimated 1/2 million travelers took a cruise.
Today more than 11 million people took a cruise vacation in 2005.
- The cruise sectors growth is also shown in its expanding guest capacity. About 40 new ships were assemblyed in the 1980s and during the 1990s, nearly 80 new ships have been introduced.
By the end of 2005, about 69 new ships have been introduced since 2000.
- This fast growth has ignited the continuing trend of the cruise vacation experience. Over the years, cruise liners have modified itineraries to include more diverse ports of call and convenient embarkation ports.
And have also introduced many onboard amenities and facilities, including Internet cafes, ice-skating rinks, multiple themed restaurants and expansive spas, health and fitness facilities.
- The cruise industrys commitment to adding new capacity is based in part on cruisings promising growth potential.
Because majority of U.S. adults have never taken a cruise vacation, there remains a virtually untapped sector of the travel industry.
- Cruise lines cater to a wide varity of demographic mix. Cruisers range from 50 years of age, with above-average annual household income.
Cruise vacations attract travelers from every state in the nation and from every province in Canada.
The states catering to the most cruise passengers are Florida, California, Texas, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, Arizona and Georgia.
- With hundreds of destinations to choose from, no matter what vacation mood youre in cruises offers a wide variety of destinations for everyone!
From the icebergs of Alaska to the hot sands of Mexico. With the worlds top cruise lines at your fingertips finding your dream cruise is easy.
www.cruisedealership.com a Discounted WorldWide Online Cruise Agency - Any cruise, Any ship, Any cruise line, Any destination.... Always Low Rates!