"7 Ways To Make Your Cruise Vacation Planning Easier"
by Paolo Basauri
Did you know that... a big part of having the perfect cruise vacation is due to great planning?
Planning is very boring to most people. Everyone of us wish we had a magical wand to just make our cruise vacation happen.
When we start planning we might end up stuck in details, about food, activities and such, that we often forget the most important issues to keep in mind.
I will share here seven ways you can make cruise vacation planning easier by just applying them, when you are writing down your vacation plan.
1. Set aside some extra money. - You have your budget for the cruise vacation. However things are rarely 100% perfect. You should also have in the budget enough extra money, not only for buying souvenirs at ports, but also if any emergency occurs. Its better to be safe than sorry.
2. Include your documents - just imagine this: you've already arrived to the port, along with your luggage and your sunglasses ready to have the time of your life, then you reach for your pocket just to find out you are not carrying the required documents. Yes, things like this do happen, and the best way to avoid them is include them in a checklist. You can call it 'Requirements checklist' and list every document you need to board the cruise.
3. Arriving date should be a day early - this is even more important if you live far from the port, and planning to get there by car. Even if you're planning to get there on a plane, weather changes can delay the flight. I once suffered this, and had to buy another plane ticket to board on the first cruise destination after the ship set sail.
4. If you're expecting a baby, get a note from the doctor. You may not know this, but cruise lines consider pregnancy as a medical condition. They need to make sure everything is going to be fine once you're onboard the cruise. You won't be able to board a cruise if you are on an advanced phase, so be sure to check that out.
5. Read all the fine print - just because those words are very small doesn't mean they're not important. These words in fact mostly contain conditions, for not so common situations. Take for example the case above, or the situation of two underage people travelling alone. Just by reading them you're sure to save you some headaches.
6. Pack everything the right way. Packing can be described as an art. But it is also a necessity when travelling. Avoid having too much luggage, instead aim for a great packing that lets you fit everything in, without using too much space. Mix clothing if you're not travelling alone, in case one of the cases is delayed, or something happens, and secure them tightly with duct tape. And - don't forget to write your name on them.
7. Talk with your travel agency. If you have any doubts, no matter how silly they sound to you, just write them down, and talk to your travel agent. Travel agents and consultants are there to help you make your vacation a dream, and that's what you're paying them for. A professional agent will walk with you along your cruise vacation planning process, to ensure you will be fully satisfied.
If you follow these simple suggestions, youre a lot closer your dream cruise vacations. Don't take planning as a less important aspect of your vacation, or who knows, maybe you'll end having no vacation at all! There's plenty more information available online that will help you. You can do it too!
Its all about having fun in the end. Who says planning can't be fun?
Paolo Basauri, is an expert author who writes for Best Cruise Vacations. A site specialized in cruise travel all over the world.